Should there be rocks under liner in-ground pool

Feb 8, 2018
Annandale, MN
Our pool is complete and yesterday when I was walking around in the pool I noticed that there was a few rocks under the liner that I could feel in the shallow end. Later that night we turned the lights on in the pool and it appears that there are several rocks under the liner (and decent size ones at that) in the deep end too. Before I call the pool company I want to know if its normal to have a few rocks under your in ground pool's vinyl liner and if so what amount is acceptable? I'm a little frustrated to because our liner also has ripples in it and I was told by the pool company that they will work themselves out over time, which may or may not be true but there are no working rocks out.

You should not have rocks under your liner, I can say that we swept and thought we had ours very clean before putting in the liner but there are a few tiny pebbles or debris that somehow got missed and we can feel underneath

The pool floor should have been swept and vacuumed before the liner was installed. Vacuuming on your knees give a good chance to catch any leftover high spots/ pebbles so they can be scraped off. It will never be 100% perfect but there should not be any large rocks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.