Should more debris be sucked in by skimmer?

Jul 1, 2018
Roscoe, IL
Hey gals and guys...

First, thank you all for your incredible help on this forum. I seriously can not express my gratitude for the help I have received by my own threads and reading other. We opened for the first time ever, and it was nice and clear! The issue I am having is that I feel like my skimmer isn't pulling in debris as it should. This is not a new issue but something I noticed since I've had it. The video absolutely does not do the problem justice. There are little particles that float but within 6"-8" that don't get sucked in. I took a picture of the pressure gauge, but I don't know that monitored pressure has anything to do with how much suction the skimmer box has. So, is my skimmer / pump supposed to operate with this level of performance or is something wrong? I tried to embed via the Youtube option but it gives an error. Video is in the link.

P.S Don't mind the debris on the bottom, the new vacuum just showed up in the mail an hour ago

Video

Attachments

• IMG_5896.jpg
    IMG_5896.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 15
Does the skimmer have a weir door?

Also, sometimes to much flow rate in front of the skimmer can cause the debris to float right by. Have you tried different return positions?

I run my pump at 1200 RPM and my filter pressure about 1 lb. and my skimmers work just fine... Skimmers don't really reach out into the pool 8 ".. They just grab stuff the floats "slowly" by.. For me anyway patience is the key... If I watch, nothing goes in the skimmer, but if I come back in two hours the surface is clear and the junk is in the baskets..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mas... this actually dawned on me today. I'm gonna start messing with this now and see if I can get the results I want. Thanks!

Jim....Maybe I need to adjust my expectations!

I need to figure out why a leaf for example will be up against the wall floating in the circle, and then by the time it gets to the skimmer its to far out to get caught.

I always feel like my skimmer isn’t doing enough, but I have a lot of flowering trees and stuff near the pool to drop a lot of petals in it…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.