Should I use a clarifier?

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
I have a couple of pools with cartridge filters and there's fine dust that blows out through the mesh bag of my bottom feeder cleaner and even the cartridge filter attachment doesn't help much. I've been brushing the dust up into the pool and.then advancing the mechanical timer so that the pump runs while the dust is in the air. I'm wondering should I use a clarifier and vacuum the old fashioned way? I also have an mx8 that I can drop in too and leave for a week.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

I believe that clarifies are like glue and that once they end up in a cartridge filter they are there for good.

Let's see what some of our other members have to say...

Thanks,

Jim R.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
The ONLY time you should even think about using floc or clearifer is if you can vacuum to waster. It is like glue and can gum up a filter and there is NO way I would put a robot in there if you want to be able to use it again.

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
I would double check your bottom feeder to make sure your cartridge filter piece is on right. It claims to filter out 20 microns which is really small. I dont know if you have another robot to drop in just to compare. But I have never seen any dust that my M500 could not clean up.