Milford, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all - So, it's been a very long time since we had opened out porrl, and had some major work done, and now for the first time in about 8years...The pool is reopened! Just had it filled, converted to a salt syste and all new equipment, liner, etc... Here's a little detail on the pool...
20x40 vinyl Liner (~33K gallons)
IC60 Salt Cellnew Cartidge Filter, variable speed pump and Heat pump.
Still need to add some salt, about 15bags so far, but showing low, so I think I need another bag or 2.

My question is - I have a Taylor 2006c test kit...BUT, shame on me, was kept outside in a storage box for a number of those 8 years...
1) Do the reagents go bad? There's no best use by dates on them
2) Is that overkill?
3) Do i need anything different because it's a salt pool?

The salt pool stuff is totally new to me, we had a straight chlorine pool before.

Thanks!!

Reagents should be replaced at least every two years.

Given that the entire kit was outside for a few years and you really don't knkwthe condition of the plastic parts, you would be best served to replace the entire kit.
Test Kits Compared
Personally, I recommend the TF100 or TF100Pro. Since you now have a SWG, the TF100Pro Salt may be the best value for your situation.
Test Kits

Steve,

Saltwater pools are chlorine pools, there is really not a lot of differences in how you maintain them. The main difference is instead of adding Chlorine Tablets or Liquid Chlorine, you are just letting the Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG) make the chlorine that your pool needs.

I have the TF-Pro-Salt kit and love it!

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.