Should I Raise CH?

Donh

Jan 28, 2017
Clermont Florida
The pool was re-plastered a month ago and I started with TFP at that time. Current numbers:

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 70
CH 225
CYA 40

Should I be increasing the CH? I will be raising the FC to 6, lowering PH to 7.5 and raising TA to 80 but wasn't sure about CH especially since it was replastered recently. The only guideline from the contractor was no CYA for month.

CH at 225 ppm is ok. It is barely on the low side with 250 being the recommendation. Your CH will likely increase as water evaporates leaving the CH behind and you fill with water that adds more CH. What is the CH of your fill water?

Don't raise TA, that will just push your pH up. TA between 60 and 80 is good.

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Didn't realize CH of 225 was recommended. pool Math is telling me 250 to 350 for my pool parameters. I've been steady at 350 (newer plaster) and it hasn't suggested lowering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is close enough to allow for the natural raise in CH when water evaporates and leaves the pool. It leaves the Calcium behind. Some places in the US have the dry climate that causes high evaporation rates and/or really hard water.

Yippee :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.