Should I care about low CH?

redmenace20v

May 22, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
15,000 IG Plaster Pool - CH is 240 and CSI is -0.07.

I have read so many threads here, and some say you don't need to raise CH if your CSI is good, but some say to raise it. What should I do?

I love this site and forum, you guys are amazing. Because of you all I: fired my pool guy a few weeks ago, drained half my pool, returned phosphate remover to the pool store, destroyed a recurring mustard algae bloom, and now have a crystal clear pool that my wife constantly compliments. I have read for so many hours on here I have lost count. Now that I have gotten my pool to a good place, including most recently lowering the TA, I want to get my CH squared away. Thanks in advance!

CYA - 45
FC - 6
CC - .5
PH - 7.7
TA - 70
CH - 240
CSI - -0.07

Reactions: caligrl2
Your CH is already squared away. Florida has enough rain water and fill water that is low in CH you will never have to calculate CSI or drain because of excessive calcium. We have issues here in Florida with alligators, sinkholes and love bugs but we have a great environment for pools.

Test the CH of your fill water just so you know what it is.

Reactions: redmenace20v
Your CH is already squared away. Florida has enough rain water and fill water that is low in CH you will never have to calculate CSI or drain because of excessive calcium. We have issues here in Florida with alligators, sinkholes and love bugs but we have a great environment for pools.

Test the CH of your fill water just so you know what it is.

Thanks! So I don't need to worry about pitting from low CH? My plaster is already in really rough shape, plan to have it resurfaced in the fall/winter. The pool math calc says the Ideal range is 350-550. But if you say I'm good I trust you. =)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.