Long Island ny
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Second year with inground pool fiberglass steps this seems to be a sealer around the steps had a little kid in pool the other day and noticed him playing with something snd saw this. Is this a major issue?

Attachments

• 22C4B615-20DC-4131-8A4A-6EBAA539F145.jpeg
    22C4B615-20DC-4131-8A4A-6EBAA539F145.jpeg
    768.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 42
Verify in the pool with some goggles on but it appears to just be some extra liner that wasn’t trimmed flush with the sandwich part of the stairs gasket. You can trim it yourself if it’s on the stairs side of the smushy-seal-y part of the stair trim.

It was not like that last summer the kid I think pulled it out and yes I agree looks like a gasket I tried pushing it back in but it’s like too much to get flush back in I can get some of it back in but the excess like bubbles out

If it’s what I think it is...... it’s excess liner that was not cut flush to the stair trim. Mine took 8 years to let loose and I never noticed I had the extra flap until it looked like a rip. But if it was a rip on the liner side, The pool would be empty to that level in minutes.

(gently) trim it with a razor or scissors. You can press a razor (again, gently) against the stairs without harm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.