Should I add Jack's Magic Magenta?

yen70072

Apr 26, 2022
Louisiana
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My 14,400 gallon pool replaster was finally finished two weeks ago with Ivory Quartzscapes. On start up, my PB added Startup Tec. I had already purchased Jack's Magic Magenta to use at start up. Not wanting to put in too much sequestrant, I just held onto my Jack's Magic Magenta. Can I add it in small amounts (6-8 ounces) now as a maintenance measure? My water is crystal clear and I would hate to mess it up. We've been brushing and adding acid and liquid chlorine almost daily to keep the Ph and CL levels on target for a new pool. We've been following the NPT start up procedures. I test my water myself and I'm also bringing it to a pool store as well. I'm really hoping to get at least 15 years out of this plaster.

Attachments

• 20220730_155044.jpg
    20220730_155044.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 12
With a clear pool and no known metals in your pool water it is better to keep the Jack's Magic Magenta on a shelf then pour it into your pool.

You are doing great.

Reactions: yen70072
With a clear pool and no known metals in your pool water it is better to keep the Jack's Magic Magenta on a shelf then pour it into your pool.

You are doing great.
Thanks, I hate to not use it after buying it. I guess I'll just hang onto it in case I have issues down the road.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.