Shopping for AG pool

Conchi

Nov 25, 2014
ny
Split by moderator from HERE. Please ask your own questions in your own thread and not hijack other member's threads. You will get advice specifically addressed to you.

I'm in the market for an above ground pool also. Any recommendations on good, reliable brands and online dealers would be helpful. There are so many choices and I can't tell the difference between the cheaper and more expensive brands. We want an oval 12 by 24 pool (we already leveled part of the yard to fit that size) and we would eventually like to build a deck around it, so I want to find something that will last. Is there any difference in durability between the steel, aluminum and resin materials? Thanks

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Welcome to the forum. Happy Hunting! Best advice I can offer is make sure that's the LARGEST pool you want to go with. Nobody ever wishes for a smaller one.

pwrstrk

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2012
Elverson Pa.
Welcome to TFP !
Just one thing I would like to add is don't skimp on the liner. Get the thickest liner you can. At least 25 mil.
Don't forget to grab yourself a good test kit. These are the Test Kits we recommend. 😎

f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
I love my Sharkline and have had it for almost a year. I found a local dealer/installer but if I had not, I would have bought it from Pool Supply Warehouse. They have the best prices.