Shopping around

Apr 4, 2017
Lodi, CA
I'm looking for a SWG for a 25k gal in ground pool. I've done some poking around and searching on here but don't see anything about recent equipment recommendations. I'm pretty sure that most folks favorite system is the Hayward Aquarite? I looked at the Salt and Swim and heard the cells don't last more than 3 seasons at best, usually 1 or 2. Is there anything else I should check out? The Aquarite is around $900, is there anything priced less that's worth looking at, or am I paying for peace of mind?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to make sure you are looking for the correct size. We recommend sizing the SWG at 1.5 to 3 times the size of the pool. So a 40k cell is the minimum you should be looking at. If you want to go bigger, the Hayward is out. Pentair goes to a 60k cell.

The Aquarite is very common, some members get 7+ years on a cell. There are a few know failure mechanisms that can be repaired fairly easily. The pentair have more electronics in the cell, so replacement costs more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.