Shocking - safe time to swim?

Yes.
Problem with liquid is if you do not use the entire container, you will not get a consistent add. So test the day after you add and see what you get.
Shake the bottle of CYA vigorously and immediately add what you need to the water.

Yes.
Problem with liquid is if you do not use the entire container, you will not get a consistent add. So test the day after you add and see what you get.
Shake the bottle of CYA vigorously and immediately add what you need to the water.
Interesting and of course nowhere is that found on the label. Great information, thanks!

Best,
Lyman

Mknauss,

You were dead on about the quantity of Stabilizer to use: 1.4L brought me right to 30 ppm on the CYA. I'll test again tomorrow as you said but was curious so I tested a couple of hours after adding.

Interesting side effect that may or may not be related, hoping you can help. Liquid Stabilizer has the consistency of Elmers Glue. Having first backwashed the Hayward T166 Sand Filter (1HP motor, 100lbs sand) the pressure was at 10 where it has always fallen after a backwash. However, an hour after adding the stabilizer around the pool (not into the inlets, skimmer, etc) the pressure began to climb and is now at 20. By rights I need to backwash this which is counter-productive as the stabilizer will go out with it. Caught between a rock and a hard place. Any thoughts? Have you heard of this happening with Liquid Stabilizer?

Many thanks,

Lyman

Liquid stabilizer is supposed to disperse in the water and not get caught in the filter. If you tested the level you added, then you can backwash. If the pressure rose that fast, you have algae.

Liquid stabilizer is supposed to disperse in the water and not get caught in the filter. If you tested the level you added, then you can backwash. If the pressure rose that fast, you have algae.
Wow, fast response, thanks! I'll backwash. Am not seeing algae. Pool appears crystal clear.

Thanks,
Lyman

Thanks Sir. I do not believe I do, but that pump pressure shot up from ~10 to 18psi in a couple of hours after adding Liquid Conditioner. Did a backwash and it dropped to 10psi.

Today, 3 hours later it's reading ~10.5. Will monitor. Will read up on the SLAM process. But again, water is clear although apparently clear water can have algae.

Thanks!
Lyman

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.