Shock until crystal clear

Oct 14, 2018
Greene, RI
Good morning, everyone! I have a basic question that has most likely been asked a million times... My pool had really bad algae, but is now basically clear. The shallow end is crystal, but the deep end is 75% clear. Do i keep shocking until its 100% crystal clear or should i let chlorine levels lower at this point? I am just not sure at what point i stop shocking it and if its good enough at this point. I can post a picture if it would help.

Thank you in advance.

Do i keep shocking until its 100% crystal clear or should i let chlorine levels lower at this point?
Good morning! :wave: Here in the TFP forum, we don't "shock" as most commonly think of, we follow the SLAM Process process and "maintain" that required SLAM FC level until all 3 criteria have passed. So basicaly, you would continue at this point until all the pool is clear.

To do a SLAM Process, you must have a proper test kit. Do you already have a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C kit? See Test Kits Compared. If so, post a full set of water results and it will help. Also, don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.