Setting up Peristaltic pump to auto feed chlorine

I have 2 of these > Aspen Pumps FP2082/2 universal peristaltic pump 6 ltr/hr | Wolseley

Planning on using one to auto feed chlorine.
300ml for 3 mins of pump running.
I have plastic 6mm tubing.
Smart plug which I can control via my iPhone.

Silly question:
I will need to drill a hole into my plastic pipe work (prob after the filter). What type of valve do I use?
Similar setup to this video >

He has used a "pressure nipple". I am in the UK and cannot locate that item. What else can I use?

Last edited:
Thanks both.

Something like this >

Only planning to pump 300ml of chlorine - anything require a shock etc will be done manually straight into pool.
Why only a check valve be suitable? With the pump running surely the flow of water will be fast enough for the small addition of the chlorine not to damage the heater element?

If the pump happens to shut off for whatever reason just after or in close proximity in time when there is chlorine there it can migrate backwards into the heater core. Saw a heater last year which was one season old and the heat exchanger started leaking. The warranty was voided for not having the check valve. They were out a brand new heater for a stupidity which was clearly mentioned in the install manual.

Don't try anything other then a check valve there or else you will need a new heater sooner then you like. If the chlorine migrates into the heater core it"ll be shot in short time.

I think if you electrically interlock the feeder pump with the main filter pump so the feeder pump can’t run when the filter pump is off heater damage will not happen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.