Setting Speeds for with Easy Touch panel and Intelliflo

tdub4

Sep 13, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We had a new VSF pump installed this week to replace an older one that cracked due to freezing (winter storm in Texas caused havoc on pools). We are using same EasyTouch Panel that’s was originally installed with the other Pentair pump. Installer was unable to initially get the panel to control the pump, however after I spent some time looking at the settings this morning, I noticed that of the 4 speed settings under the Intelliflo settings options, none were set to “Pool”. When I changed that it appears to have worked (it was listed as “Freeze” before) - not sure if that was the issue but it worked.

Now I have 3 other settings - one says “Spa”, another says “Aux Extra” and finally “Freeze”. This was originally setup/programmed by the pool builder with the original pump - so trying to figure this out. My questions are:

1) Am I accurate to say that when any of these are activated (Spa, Aux Extra or Freeze mode), the speed listed for that option in settings is the speed of the pump for that function?

2) None of the speeds are listed as “Cleaner”....should there be one? The cleaner is coming on during the scheduled time but found it odd that it didnt have one of these 4 speed settings dedicated to it (we do have a booster pump that kicks on for the cleaner)

3) Is there an easy way to find out what the Extra Aux is for?

4) I realize this is diffferent for every pool but is there a suuggested starting point on each of the speeds I should be using?

5) How do I know the Freeze protection is enabled/working? It worked previously, rotating between the pool and the spa, but now with this new pump and messing with the settings I would like to know if it is setup properly in the event of a freeze (may be a while in Texas but ya never know!).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply Jim. I have the Pentair EasyTouch remote/handheld device but I dont have anything called screen logic to my knowledge. I am curious (for understanding) what are the scenarios where you would use low skim and high skim in your screenshot above?

T,

As you can see, 1250 is as slow as I ever run... This speed turns on my SWCG and allows good skimming most of the time.. I schedule Skim Low to come on a couple of times a day, just to help skimming.. As an example if I have the pool circuit on, the pump is told to run 1250 rpm.. If I leave the system in the Pool mode and also turn on Skim Low, my pump will increase speed to 1500 rpm.. If skim low is schedule to run for an hour, when skim low turns off, the pump will go back to running at 1250.

I originally set up Skim High at 2000 to also help skimming, but found that I never needed to use it... I use is now to cause my pool to have a "Lazy River" flow when the wife and I are on our floats..

Obviously, "Waterfall" is the speed that makes my waterfall wall look the way I like.

As a side note.. Each Circuit can only have one speed, so you can't have Pool at 1250 and another Pool at 1500... That is why I have pool at 1250 and Skim Low at 1500.. The name "Skim Low" is just a Circuit name.. I could have named it "Jim Rahbe" Most people make the Circuit name reflect what the circuit does when you turn it on..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks again Jim. So, does this mean you do not have a speed setup for your pool cleaner as well? As mentioned above, I have a booster pump, so maybe a specific setting for the main pump isn’t needed for when the cleaner kicks on with the booster.

As far as your settings, are you saying for the waterfall feature, you dont have that running “the way you like” at all times? (i.e. maybe just for situations when you are using the pool or having company over and for the other times just letting it run at 1250 or 1500?). Do you turn that on manually when you want it?

finally, do you have a circuit for freeze?

T,

As far as the cleaner goes, I live in this Century and not in the 70's so I have a Robot cleaner.. :mrgreen:

Like this..

As long as your main pump is running at the same time as your booster, you do not need a "cleaner" circuit. It really depends on your booster and your cleaner..

No, I hardly ever run my waterfall wall anymore.. The fun wears off pretty quickly, because of the noise and the constant pH increase due to aeration of the water.. It currently runs about 15 minutes a day, just to keep the water in the pipes sanitized.. If I want it on, I just manually push an icon on my PC or phone.

Since I run my pump 24/7, I do not need freeze protection.. I do have it set up on the "Pool Circuit", but it just turns on a small electric oil heater that keeps my pool shed a little warmer. I also have a standalone spa that obviously does not need freeze protection, the reason you see a Spa speed in my list above is because I use my EasyTouch to control my spa's temperature. Just like you would control a pool/spa that had a heater. The Spa speed just allows my main pump to run when the EasyTouch "thinks" it is in the Spa mode..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.