Semi buried or Intex?

Lisa Cat

May 31, 2021
Florida
I am preparing ground for 15’ intex metal frame pool, which is not the type one can bury. The first thing I read was to dig down to firm ground, which I did. And herein lies the problem: with attaining firm, level ground, and taking into account the slope of my lawn, the west side of the pool will be a foot in the ground (see pic). The east side is fine. I want to put a pool in this location. Should I return Intex pool and buy one that can be semi buried?

Attachments

• EB3FB4FC-CF07-42D4-977F-A389408A170C.jpeg
    EB3FB4FC-CF07-42D4-977F-A389408A170C.jpeg
    759.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 3D28BB6C-76D2-4D20-B496-2593B8DA0EB9.png
    3D28BB6C-76D2-4D20-B496-2593B8DA0EB9.png
    183 KB · Views: 30
it will be fine, really your not burying it.. I cut down 18 inches of hill for mine and it has been fine.. Your not putting the dirt back around it.. :)

Should I return Intex pool and buy one that can be semi buried?
I've heard those are $7k-$9k this year. Dig some of the hill if need be and install a French drain around the pool if need be to carry any water to the low side.

It's just an intex pool which is a huge bag of water sitting on the ground.
Get the area fairly level, put pavers down for the legs and I'd build a simple retaining wall a foot or 2 away from the edge of the pool using patio block, bricks etc. Also keep the lower side sloped away from the pool for draining.

The objective is to have the pool level, but not allow the area to hold much water and you want to keep that hill from washing out / settling into your cleared area.

Nice job on digging down to low point. I agree, that is fine for Intex as long as you don’t backfill. Small retaining wall and a drain and you are good!

Reactions: zea3
While I just setup my steel sided AGP, I previously had an Intex XTR for the last three years in the exact same spot. I WILL backfill this pool, but it was left exactly like you see in this picture the whole time the Intex was up.
POOL.PNG

Reactions: cj133

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.