FC:9 my second test said 10, probably error
CC-0
PH-7.5
TA-90
CH-300
CYA-50
Salt is probably 2900-3000
Water is clear. Set pump to shut back down at 6pm so it’s not running 24 hours
Going to retest in the am and see what I have. I have added no liquid since Thursday night and I ran the cell yesterday for maybe 8 hours on 25% did not run the cell today.
If I hold overnight I may turn cell back on at 15% to see what I get when I get home from. Work. I hope this is all done now!

Start bumping up your CYA slowly. You dont want to overshoot. Let’s keep your FC a little warm and you will have no issues. Think of the recommended level as your new minimum.

Raised CYA up to roughly shy of 70. This evening. My chlorine was 7.5 when I got home so I lost about 1.5 today. I went ahead and added 2 cups of chlorine to bump up a little around 9. Strangely when I went to add the stabilizer I found the pump off and the breaker was tripped. Not sure when or why that happened but I set it to quick clean go run the liquid stabilizer in for an hour. Think the pump was only off a short time. Just not sure what tripped it.

Reactions: Katodude
Chalk that up to stuff happens. If it keeps happening then its an issue. Just another reason on when you run hot, stuff can still happen and no issues.

Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

Well I have to say I am officially sold on this site. After this battle and the people on here and the pool school I am pleased. Pool has recovered from whatever was going on. Yes the sun moved and the temps changed some but the slam and other work paid off. I have a really clean pool. Levels are staying spot on with the exception of adding a few ounces of acid a week and the salt system as only been running at 15% for 9 hours a day and my level has stayed between 8 and 8.5. Have not had to add any liquid in weeks and just adding salt and acid. I may raise my stabilizer up a tad but other than that I am on the road to easy. Pool has been really clear and even clear when using the pool light. I was a little worried about running the chlorine at 8 but so far no issues. I may lower down to between 7-8 but I don’t see a real reason.
This group has been awesome and sorry for some of the snappy responses but I was extremely fed up with the issues.

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

I will look at making a donation. I will make a point to buy my testing supplies from here as well.
After my celebration however this week for no real reason the pool has begun to drop in chlorine level again. I added stabilizer yesterday and today I ended up lower than yesterday. I had been sitting at 8 then dropped to 6.5 yesterday and today at 5.5. Raised the stabilizer yesterday back to 70 from 40. Today I set my salt cell up and added 12 ounces of liquid chlorine to get me to 7 so I can check at dark and do a overnight. Ugh I hope this doesn’t start again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Overnight shows barely a 0.5 loss. So seems to pass. I think low cya was cause. I bumped system to 20% and didn’t go below target per TFP app. Learned to keep liquid chlorine on hand. I wanted to be closer to 6 or 7 anyway just made me get a little nervous when it started dropping after a few weeks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.