Sediment at the bottom of pool

deadmandontcry

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2013
San Rafael, CA
Hi All:

I have a covered pool and there is a large build up of sediment over the winter. I only test with strips and am no expert in balancing chemicals. Please see the attached photo.

Can anyone help me identify what is going on here? My assumption is that it is gunite that is eroding due to a bad chemical mixture. Thanks for your help.

Nick

Attachments

• IMG_20200227_162321.jpg
    IMG_20200227_162321.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 41
Just looks like dirt that has blown into your pool. Run your pool cleaner and see what it picks up.

To understand if your pool water is aggressive to plaster you need a complete set of test results from a good test kit. We recommend the TF-100 Test Kits or the Taylor K-2006C. See Pool Test Kits - Further Reading and Test Kits Compared - Trouble Free Pool

We can discuss your water chemistry once you get your test kit post a complete set of test results in the format:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water Temperature

I suggest you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and Pool School - Trouble Free Pool

Reactions: jimmythegreek
You could brush it up and let your filter have it. I'm a big fan of the small Watertech pool blaster vacuums. They're cheap, battery powered and ideal for just spot cleaning bits like that. Jacuzzi just bought them out, as far as I know, so you will see the re branded ones at Leslie's pool store. I use one every day on my pool route for pools and spas that don't need a full vacuum but may have a "dirty corner" like in your photo.

Get the reagent test kit that was mentioned above. After you use it a few times, you won't want to use test strips again EVER!

Reactions: jimmythegreek
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.