Seasonal Pool Set Up-Bleach help

citypoolnewbie

Jun 3, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
So I just filled my seasonal pool with water yesterday. Obv there's no chlorine there now, so I added bleach to bring it up to 12 in the evening and ran the filter overnight. Now I'm confused- did I need to bring the level so high is it was a fresh fill? How long should I keep the filter running? Thanks!

There was no need to increase the FC that high. Only about 3-5 ppm would've been adequate, then you add a little each day to maintain that level. Did you also add stabilizer? That's very important. Keep the pH in the 7 range and that's it.

`1" tablets are Trichlor. They add chlorine and CYA - stabilizer. So if you can drain half or more of your pool volume every few weeks it can work. Bleach is better.

New water doesn't have any CYA (stabilizer), so if you know how much you added, the PoolMath APP can tell you what your CYA "should" be now. If you aren't sure how to use the APP, post how much you added here. Knowing your CYA level is important to know if you can be in the water.

I would avoid the tabs. The floaters will just get in the way and take much longer to dissolve. Just add a little liquid chlorine or regular bleach each to and you're done in a minute or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.