Sealer for Aggregate Pool Deck

kcindc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 2, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I have an exposed aggregate pool deck that is 30+ years old. The prior owners didn't keep up with the maintanence and the exposed aggregate is really exposed and hurts my feet. In a few years, I plan to replace the deck, but want to add a sealant to soften the feel on my feet.

I've heard that regular glossy concrete sealant isn't recommended for pools because they make a surface slippery. Which product would help me seal the aggregate to make is less rough?

Thanks!
Karen

I too have this issue, though not quite as bad. Have you looked at Garage Floor/Porch epoxy paint?

There's also a type of rubber epoxy paint that may also refresh your deck. Search for Ramuc or the like. Pricey stuff :shock:

I have a similar concern with my exposed aggregate patio. The patio is huge as it goes around the pool and connects to the house, so replacing it isn't currently an option. There are cracks throughout it so I have been looking at a way to repair/conceal the damage. I came across a new product at the local hardware store the other day by RustOleum called Concrete Restore that may work. It is a very thick substance that adheres to concrete. I think it would completely cover the aggregate, but it may take a lot of it to fill in all of the cracks & gaps between the stones. I could only find information for putting it over normal concrete so I don't know if it will bind to aggregate correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.