Sealed Air Solar Panels

May 22, 2007
Hello Everyone,
Is anyone aware if Sealed Air still makes solar panels? I've been having a bit of a tough time in South Florida locating them, and I'm thinking maybe they've stopped manufacturing them?
If anyone has some knowledge on the subject, please share. I have a ruptured panel that needs replacing and I'm investigating replacing the panel vs replacing the entire solar heating system.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Thanks for the reply. I wrote this right before we went away for a few days with the kids, then forgot about it. Now back to real life.
I have called the number. When using the extension, the line immediately hangs up. The main switchboard just went to voice mail.
The other site doesn't service my area, but maybe I can call them and get some info, and maybe buy a panel if possible and have someone install it.

Thank you,

I also have Sealed Air solar panels for 21 years now. I also have a slight leak, but I think that it is the connection pipe between the panels. When I asked other pool services about them, they said that they are no longer made.:( What I haven’t done yet, is to actually call Sealed Air to see if they might have some stored in a warehouse somewhere. Please let me know if you find out any info. Thks

ya what about repairing the affected panel?

I had a Solar Industries panel leaking on one of the tubes and was able to fix it for a few bucks
and 30 minutes of time.

Basically cut a clean straight hole in the tube on both sides of the leak, then shove a nylon
bolt with the head clipped off with some liquid nails injected in the hole first.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.