ScreenLogic2 vs ScreenLogic protocol adapter

Mjsmith3

Aug 9, 2020
CT
Is there any difference between the Screenlogic2 protocol adapter brick and the ScreenLogic brick? I'd like to upgrade to ScreenLogic2 and it appears I can just update my ScreenLogic brick without buying a new brick, but I wanted to confirm.

From browsing it looks to me like Pentair just called it a new Screenlogic2 brick to get a new sale.

Thanks

I thought the actual hardware was the same and it was just a firmware update to go from the SL to the SL2. In any case, here's some info from @Jimrahbe

Reactions: Dirk
Mj,

I do not know if the actual protocol adapter is the same or not, but suspect not.. ScreenLogic is old and had a ton of problems when initially released.. My guess is that it took both hardware and F/W changes to make it work. I have only used the ScreenLogic2 version.

While it is possible to just hard-wire the protocol adapter, it can lead to disaster like it did for me.. My next-door neighbor took a direct lightning strike and I got what was left over. It came in on the hard-wire between the EasyTouch and my house. Took out my EasyTouch, the protocol adapter and everything on the network that was attached to the adapter. I now use the wireless links and have had zero issues..

If you are going to buy ScreenLogic2 you need P/N 522104.

That said, I reread your post and if you already own a Protocol adapter then give it a shot.. Just be aware that you might turn your current brick, into an actual brick.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: ogdento
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.