Screenlogic issue with Google mesh network

Sep 23, 2015
Missouri
I got a google mesh network for my home a few months ago and now my Screenlogic will not connect. I've spent hours on the phone with Pentair with absolutely no help, that has worked anyways. The new Google mesh network only has 2 ethernet connections at the main hub of which my internet comes into it from the modem and then goes to a switch where it spreads from there. Anyways it's like its not even there. So someone at Pentair said if I plug it directly into my system it should work, so I ordered an old puck that does have 2 more ethernet connections and I added it to my network (no problem works fine Pentair should take notes from Google about user interactions) plug my screenlogic into the puck and still nothing so Dang frustrating. Really I'm at a loss right now I'm not some computer guru but I can generally work thru things and get them figured out. I even got a hold of the rep in my area and he knew nothing about this issue. Anyways does anyone have any experience with getting this issue resolved and can lend some help to a desperate person? You would think a company as big as Pentair would have this issue resolved but that is not the case.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to TFP.

There have been other reports of not being able to connect to mesh routers like Eero and Google Mesh. Also the paper clip reset of the protocol adapter does not seem to always work. Sometimes it takes a few tries and sometimes it never resets.

Is the IP range for your new mesh netwrok identical to the old network that ScreenLogic worked on? Setting up the new network identical to the old netwrok has fixed some. Same IP range, same SSID, same type of authentication and password.

Also try setting up a guest network with no password and seeing if that works. Sometimes the incompatibility is with the SSID password authentication.

Some people have had to fall back to an old simpler router to get ScreenLogic to work. It is frustrating for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.