Screen Logic app not fully communicating with Easy Touch system

rrtrblfix

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 4, 2021
Austin, TX
I had my defective Intellitouch boards replaced by a pool technician with an Easy Touch system. The wireless control panel has been configured and operates the pumps, features, lights, etc. properly.
On the old system, I had a protocol adapter connected to my LAN and hardwired to the COM port with the antenna transceiver. The tech retained this configuration with the new antenna transceiver.
Now the Screen Logic app shows all of the pumps, features, temperatures, lighting and configurations (pump speeds, etc.) but cannot operate anything (run the air blower, for example). The app acts like it is in monitor only mode. In fact, if I use the slider to turn on the air blower, it turns green but after a few seconds, the slider returns to the off position. The opposite is true: If the Easy Touch turns on the air blower, I cannot turn it off with the app.
I have reset the adapter (several times), disconnected/reconnected the COM and ethernet connections, and verified my internet router has given the protocol adapter an IP address (192.168.7.57). I never enabled remote access.
Don't know what else to do. Can someone help?

R,

Sounds to me like your system is not communicating between the EasyTouch and your protocol adapter.. The adapter will continue to show what is in it until it is replaced with new info.. If it sees no new info, it will still show all the old stuff.. It will look like it is working yet, nothing changes.

Could be the com port got blown up when the tech was messing with it..

Could be one of the transceivers (outside or inside) are not working.

Show us some pics of the back of the new EasyTouch board where the J20 com port is..

I assume the tech used the same two transceivers that were there when it was an IntelliTouch???

As a test, you could just run a 4 wire cable from the ET to the Protocol adapter and see if it works.

I am not sure what the tech did?? Did he replace both the outside and inside transceivers, or just one of them??

Do you have an IntelliFlo pump with an LCD Screen???

Thanks,

Jim R.

R,

Sounds to me like your system is not communicating between the EasyTouch and your protocol adapter.. The adapter will continue to show what is in it until it is replaced with new info.. If it sees no new info, it will still show all the old stuff.. It will look like it is working yet, nothing changes.

Show us some pics of the back of the new EasyTouch board where the J20 com port is..

I assume the tech used the same two transceivers that were there when it was an IntelliTouch???

As a test, you could just run a 4 wire cable from the ET to the Protocol adapter and see if it works.

I am not sure what the tech did?? Did he replace both the outside and inside transceivers, or just one of them??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim, Updates via the Easy Touch remote also updates the ScreenLogic app display, the temperatures change identically and the app will let me know when the system is in service mode. The outdoor transceiver is new and working properly. I'll be asking the service company to give me the indoor transceiver. I didn't have one for the old system because it was hardwired to the COM port. Maybe EasyTouch doesn't have a hardwire functionality?

R,

I still don't understand what was done.. But, just to make sure we are both on the same page..

The Pentair wireless remotes have their own transceivers which are different that the transceivers that come with ScreenLogic.. They are not interchangeable.

You can hardwire Pentair wired remotes and you can hard wire ScreenLogic.

But, be careful with hardwiring ScreenLogic.. If you take a lightning strike it will go in and take out half of whatever is connected to your home network..

Thanks,

Jim R.

R,

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, I added the expansion card to the EasyTouch system, so the COM ports and other wiring occurs on the expansion card. The outdoor transceiver is new. I assume the kit came with an indoor transceiver but the tech didn't leave it with me. I'm following up with an email to the company to see if I can get the matching indoor transceiver.

The fix: Replaced the protocol adapter.
The original protocol adapter was partially damaged by an accidental short of the wiring to the transceiver. The adapter was hardwired to the same COM port as the transceiver. How Screenlogic could still have system monitoring capability but not operational control will likely remain a mystery.

How Screenlogic could still have system monitoring capability but not operational control will likely remain a mystery.
The RS485 chip. The side handling the incoming data is bad. With soldering skills, it can be replaced.

Last edited:
The RS485 chip. The side handling the incoming data is bad. With soldering skills, it can be replaced.
Hi, I have the same problem with my protocol adapter. It shows the correct status, real time, but I cannot execute commands/changes through the app, either on phone or laptop. It's like the read works, but not the write. Does anyone have a schematic or assembly to know which chips I should try and replace to fix this? I hate to buy another adapter for >$400 when this one is working more than halfway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.