Scottsdale, AZ new Pebble

SteelBlue

Jul 4, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi guys, I'm new here on the forum. I live in north Scottsdale, AZ and had my pool resurfaced three weeks ago with a darkish pebble aggregate. I've never been happy with any pool service so I'm going to use the nice new pool to learn to do it myself. I have read a lot, and bought the complete Taylor test kit. One thing has irked me about the resurfacing is a cloudy mottled surface on the bottom of the main pool, the attached spa does not have this. It does not brush off, it is imbedded. I thought I'd lower my pH for a couple days and see that helped, it didn't. Do you think I should just set normal chemistry parameters and wait a few months, or have it acid washed. I've bought all the basic chemicals for pool chemistry maintenance, and I have a degree in Chemistry, so I think I'm up to snuff for self-maintenance. This is a nice forum with lots of info.

SteelBlue

Jul 4, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
All good stuff, but despite whatever method was used, there is now a cloudy plaster dust embedded in the main pool. We are 2-3 weeks out. Want to know if anyone here can recommend a treatment or just wait 3 months. I suppose no harm can be done by waiting.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
All good stuff, but despite whatever method was used, there is now a cloudy plaster dust embedded in the main pool. We are 2-3 weeks out. Want to know if anyone here can recommend a treatment or just wait 3 months. I suppose no harm can be done by waiting.
What does your PB say about it?