Sap on Rover Jr. filter bag

1861colt

Jul 22, 2017
Redmond, OR
We have an unknown tree (cottonwood?) nearby that produces a mustard yellow pollen that is sticky . Our rover picks it up and we end up with little spots adhered to the cloth filter bag. I can get them off of the plastic housing by hard scrubbing with denatured alcohol, but I won't subject the bag to that sort of harmful scrubbing. Besides, the pollen leaves a yellow stain behind. Any helpful hints from Heloise? (remember that column?)

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Oh I do remember her!!! She was wonderful!

I throw my cleaner bags in the wash with my dark clothes then hang it up to dry. I got two extra bags just for this reason. I did get the generic brand that was much cheaper but work fine. I have a couple of stains on one of them but it works just fine.

Kim:kim:

1861colt

Jul 22, 2017
Redmond, OR
OK. We will give that a try. They are poplar trees my wife said. Pod shells, stemlets and the yellow stuff land in our pool from them first in the spring, then comes the white fuzz then some more pods and stemlets and some more yellow stuff , then in the fall 8 million leaves and some more stemlets. Keeps us and Rover busy. Our old Rover is a metal one. We called it Chet after the Chet on Emergency! and our new one Refund becauseour granddaughter said the refunds we got from a new failed Extreem rover paid for it.

Thanks Heloise. :geek: