brianpatrickross

Jun 17, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm located in Austin, Texas, and am getting annoyed with the number of plastic liquid chlorine bottles that I'm discarding and how that impacts the environment. I really want to utilize the Sani-Chlor refillable liquid chlorine system that HASA has operating here in Texas but I've been unable to find a distributor that's willing to sell to me as a homeowner because I'm not a pool maintenance company. Anyone have any tips about which HASA dealers might be more open to working with homeowners? My local distributors are PEP, SCP and Superior plus a few local shops.

Local pool store told me the same thing...only available to customers with commercial accounts. Austin doesn't have a recycling program? I recycle my chlorine bottles.

I had the same experience with the local distributors, but found a local retail pool store (independent, not chain) and they sell HASA chlorine and acid, so I have to buy it though them.

Alternatively maybe see if a pool service company would sell you chemicals only as a stop on their route?

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
I am in Austin also and have a new pool build going on. I am interested in the new HASA Liquid Feeder. Looking at the HASA website the closest Dealer is in DFW or Corpus Christie. The website lists the 3 distributors above plus ATX Pool and Spa Supply......I assume like the chemicals they won't sell to the liquid feeder to the homeowner but is this the case and any thoughts on purchasing the liquid feeder or having it installed?

Brian,

I live in Bedford TX, near the DFW airport.. I buy 4 gallons of HASA Liquid Chlorine in a carrying case from my local mom and pop pool store. I return the empty jugs and they replace them with filled jugs.. I do this in the winter when my SWCG is not working.

I suspect that you have similar stores in your area, but it will not be a chain store..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Local pool store told me the same thing...only available to customers with commercial accounts. Austin doesn't have a recycling program? I recycle my chlorine bottles.

@Kevinr14 - A&M Corsons sells to retail customers. McQueen & Warner and Alma School & Elliot - in Chandler. There are a few other non-chain stores in the area that sell retail also.

The other option is to establish a commercial account with one of the distributors. Maybe get a couple of family/neighbors/friends on the account. Just don't talk about your own personal pools or ask any "how-to's" when you go there.

I am in Austin also and have a new pool build going on. I am interested in the new HASA Liquid Feeder. Looking at the HASA website the closest Dealer is in DFW or Corpus Christie. The website lists the 3 distributors above plus ATX Pool and Spa Supply......I assume like the chemicals they won't sell to the liquid feeder to the homeowner but is this the case and any thoughts on purchasing the liquid feeder or having it installed?
I have several friends that have purchased a Liquidator online and had it in use for years. That said, I notice everybody is out of stock right now. If it's not available you coulld go with the Stenner Pump approach or even better convert to salt. For the environmentally concerned I think salt is a great solution. Make your own FC using the same used by chlorine producers and just eliminate all the plastic used to jug lug it around plus eliminate all the emissions associated with transporting all that water and chlorine all over half acre to get it to your pool. Just a thought...

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several friends that have purchased a Liquidator online and had it in use for years. That said, I notice everybody is out of stock right now. If it's not available you coulld go with the Stenner Pump approach or even better convert to salt. For the environmentally concerned I think salt is a great solution. Make your own FC using the same used by chlorine producers and just eliminate all the plastic used to jug lug it around plus eliminate all the emissions associated with transporting all that water and chlorine all over H***'s half acre to get it to your pool. Just a thought...

Chris
I am looking at a SWCG also but have Lueders limestone coping and understand the salt water will pit / erode the coping over time. Other option is to seal the coping to at least slow down the erosion and eventually replace it with Travertine or other harder stone / material. Any experience out there with damage to Lueders limestone coping?

Every chlorinated pool has salt in it. A SWG pool as about 3000-3400 ppm ofsalt. This will not erode stone any faster than a non-SWG pool. It's the soft stone and not the salt that is the issue. Water infiltrates and expands/contracts with temperature variations.

Reactions: setsailsoon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.