Sand sound vs filter ball sound

May 24, 2020
TN
I grew up with a sand filter so I remember what it sounds like. We installed a pool in the fall and have used the filter balls since. It has always made a different sound and so I am curious if the filter balls are just louder. It almost sounds like a gurgled piece of gravel. I tried recording and attaching sound but I am a little tech challenged. As I have listened to my recording it sounds like gravel mixed with a strong static radio.

I grew up with a sand filter so I remember what it sounds like. We installed a pool in the fall and have used the filter balls since. It has always made a different sound. So I am curious if the filter balls are just louder. It isn't quiet like I remember that sand filter. The filter balls almost remind me of loud hard static. I tried attaching a recording but I am not having luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.