Saltwater Aurora all-resin pool build thread!

Do you know if the wall has any steel in it? It says 'resin composite' and I can't find any pools to compare it with. There was another site that said the steel was coated with resin to discourage corrosion but who knows who to believe. I live in Corpus Christi and I need something that will last at least 5-7 years for being partially-buried. :cool:

Nope, wall is resin, no steel. This one is the only one I’ve seen that doesn’t have a steel wall.

Reactions: Nathan8372
Check with your local inspector but when we put ours in we didn't have to run the bonding wire around the pool because same as you, the only metal to attach to was the wall joint.

How did you bond the water?

Man, these guys were fast. Went out for another progress pic and they were all “oh, good, we were just getting ready to tell you we’re done!”

I told them to leave plumbing to me - it will take about a year for pool to fill and I’m deciding if I want to hard plumb, but I know what I’m doing at any rate, although they did tell me to give them a call if I want them to do it.

View attachment 176962
I love how this turned into a build thread!!!!! So happy for you!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Same

*chanting*
full pool thread
full pool thread
full pool thread

That will likely be next week, LOL. Amazing how much difference 2’ in radius and 6” in depth makes! We have stupid water pressure here anyway.

Oh yeah. It takes twice as long to fill of you watch it. It somehow knows. Kinda like the ‘watched pot’ taking forever to boil.

SWEET!!!!

So make sure you put valves under the skimmer and the return so you can close them when you need to mess with the equipment.

I sure hope you ARE going to hard plumb it! Make sure to use unions all over the place to make it easy to work on stuff.

So under the skimmer and return:

-put rocks in that area about 3" deep
-put steppers (concrete blocks of some kind) under the skimmer and return out from the pool wall making sure to not touch the wall. Make sure it is slightly sloped away from the wall. This is to keep the water from making a mess under that area WHEN the pool water gets high enough from rain or leaving the hose running to overflow the skimmer (Notice I say when :roll: as it will happen a time or 3).

Now if you get real fancy you can drill a small hole in the skimmer just above where the water line will be when the skimmer is full. Then put a small PVC or rubber hose in this hole and take it to where it will be safe for water to drain out without flooding the yard or neighbors.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Mdragger88
SWEET!!!!

So make sure you put valves under the skimmer and the return so you can close them when you need to mess with the equipment.

I sure hope you ARE going to hard plumb it! Make sure to use unions all over the place to make it easy to work on stuff.

So under the skimmer and return:

-put rocks in that area about 3" deep
-put steppers (concrete blocks of some kind) under the skimmer and return out from the pool wall making sure to not touch the wall. Make sure it is slightly sloped away from the wall. This is to keep the water from making a mess under that area WHEN the pool water gets high enough from rain or leaving the hose running to overflow the skimmer (Notice I say when :roll: as it will happen a time or 3).

Now if you get real fancy you can drill a small hole in the skimmer just above where the water line will be when the skimmer is full. Then put a small PVC or rubber hose in this hole and take it to where it will be safe for water to drain out without flooding the yard or neighbors.

Kim:kim:

Yep, I had valves for skimmer, return and intake on the Intex. I also used flex PVC instead of hoses, which I really liked... so we’ll see!

No worries about flooding neighbors! I know it’s hard to tell from photos but I’m on two lots. I’ve got a lot of yard between me and the neighbors!

My pump is being replaced Sunday hopefully. Before i open this year i plan to rethink my plumbing & like the idea of flex pvc. My hoses are in good shape but its the connections that get loose ! I had an issue multiple times w/ one last year. Looking forward to see yours

Reactions: kellyfair

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.