Salt water system storage in the winter months?

Lyons791

May 12, 2021
Elizabeth,Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello everyone I am under the understanding that you are to store your salt cell indoors. But my question is should I also bring my flow switch and control box indoors also? I live in the northeast and winters can get pretty cold here. I was not sure if it was good to leave the electronics outdoors. Thank you in advance,

Brian Lyons

What SWG system do you have?

In 30 years I have always left SWG cells and electronics connected and outside during the winter. Pool has always been properly winterized.

Nothing in the cell or electronics care about the temperature once it is dry and winterized.

Reactions: Lyons791
They were expensive and I don’t care if the SWG or the VS pump can handle sitting in a snow drift for months. They won’t be. 😁

Reactions: Lyons791
What SWG system do you have?

In 30 years I have always left SWG cells and electronics connected and outside during the winter. Pool has always been properly winterized.

Nothing in the cell or electronics care about the temperature once it is dry and winterized.
Hayward Goldline Aqua Trol.

Thank you everyone for your responses! I apologize for the delayed response I tested positive for covid and have been down for the count. We are suppose to have a warm week here in Pennsylvania next week and I think after that it will be time to shut it down. TFP has been one of the greatest sites and apps I have ever used. While I watched on FB pages all season long of cloudy and green pools we were fortunate to have crystal clear water all season thank to all the great Forums on this page. Keep up the great work and see you all in the spring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.