Salt Water Resistant Stone Sealer recommendations?

Exlonghorn

Gold Supporter
Jun 16, 2019
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Like many who have installed a SWCG, I am now starting to see degradation in the natural stone around the edge of the pool and spa. I see sealer products like StoneTech Professional SALT WATER RESISTANT SEALER that are designed to protect the stone from this deterioration. Anyone have a favorite sealer they've found to work well?

Last edited:
Ex,

Sorry I can't help... I have unsealed flagstone coping on a rent house pool.. It was a standard chlorine pool for two years before we converted to saltwater.. The flagstone started to shed thin layers about a month after it was installed.. It continued for the two years it was a chlorine pool, and continued after we converted to saltwater.. The flagstone is about 10 years old now.. I can't see how putting sealer on it would make any difference.. Some of the stones shed and some do not.. You can tell just by looking at the quality of the stone, which ones are good and which are bad.. In my case anyway, the saltwater has made zero difference in the amount of shedding.. The good stones are still good and the bad stones are still bad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Exlonghorn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.