Salt water chemical levels

Mkstretch

May 24, 2020
ny
Ok so I have a vinyl salt water pool. I’m seeing different ranges for balancing chemicals. I am getting;
total chlorine of about .4
free chlorine 2.4
ph 7.7
cya about 65
alkalinity 120
calcium hardness 60
thanks!

Your TA can be higher as your CH is so low that scale is not an issue. Do watch your pH as it will rise quicker with the high TA.

Not sure where you got 1-3ppm FC -- definitely not TFPC.

Reactions: Mkstretch

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is that for? You do realize TFPC does not use pool store potions nor their recommendations or testing, right?

Post your test results from your own test kit.

You need to determine how much FC your SWCG can create in your pool each day. The only one I get by searching based on your signature is a unit that can create 0.4 lbs of chlorine gas per day. That will add 5.6 ppm FC per day if run 24 hours at 100%. I would suggest you start with running it 12 hours per day at 100% generation.

What is that for? You do realize TFPC does not use pool store potions nor their recommendations or testing, right?

Post your test results from your own test kit.

You need to determine how much FC your SWCG can create in your pool each day. The only one I get by searching based on your signature is a unit that can create 0.4 lbs of chlorine gas per day. That will add 5.6 ppm FC per day if run 24 hours at 100%. I would suggest you start with running it 12 hours per day at 100% generation.
Oh ok

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.