Salt test standard solution?

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
I had a lot of trouble last year getting a consistent Salt reading... I am wondering if there is a standard solution that I can use to test my testing procedure like with some of the other tests? I have done some searching and haven't found one so was hoping somebody might have a clue for me , thanks in advance!

Are you using the Taylor salt test? Are you using the SpeedStir?
Those are what you want to get a good salt reading.
The final results for this test is when the solution first changes from the white/yellow color (ideally to salmon, going to brick red is usually 1-2 drops too much), unlike all the other tests where you add drops until the color stops changing.

Are you using the Taylor salt test? Are you using the SpeedStir?
Those are what you want to get a good salt reading.
The final results for this test is when the solution first changes from the white/yellow color (ideally to salmon, going to brick red is usually 1-2 drops too much), unlike all the other tests where you add drops until the color stops changing.
Yes to both! I try to u de e all Recommended items so that I can get good feedback when I have an issue!
That is very helpful info because I keep doing it until it turns fully brick red... That may be part of where I've gone astray.

I had to put up an entirely new liner this year so I'm starting from absolute scratch with my water and so far it is going really well...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.