salt readings

tomsoldpool

Jun 11, 2021
Maryland
My Aqua Rite control panel attached to my 2021 Platinum Edition Salt Cell shows salt readings of 4000 and 4100 instant, but my pool store testing shows
2 readings 4 days apart of 2500 and 2560. Which do I believe and why the discrepancy?
Thanks, Tom F

Hi, welcome to TFP! What is the pool store using to test salt? Is it a strip, drop based test, or electronic meter? Is this a new salt cell and did you just add salt to the pool? If so how many gallons does your pool hold and how much salt did you add?

thank you. The store used some machine that generated a computer report with results for 11 parameters (including salt 2500-2560)----so I assume the machine was used for all of them. I opened the pool in mid-April adding about 6 bags of salt (?20# each) and since then things looked fine and water is still clear but CL levels have dropped to near zero while salt readings on the panel dropped from about 4500 to 4000.
A strip we just bot at Lowes indicates a v low salt level. I am guessing the control panel is wrong---your thots please?

I'm always a little suspicious of electronic testing devices, simply because they need frequent re-calibration to be accurate, but it looks like you have agreement between the strips and the pool store test. I need to know how large your pool is, how long it has been since the pool was completely refilled, and if this is the first time you have added salt to your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.