Broken Arrow, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’ve noticed my SWG registers a lower salt level the lower the temperature it is. When it’s warmer, the salt level registers higher. Why is that? What effect does temperature have on the actual salt level? ??‍♀️ Thanks in advance!

W,

Pretty standard for a lot of SWCGs and especially the IntelliChlor.. The cell can't really measure the salinity of the water, it basically measure the amount of electricity passing through the water. This changes depending on the water's temperature. The IntelliChlor has a thermistor inside the flow switch that is supposed to compensate for the water temp, but even when working well, the tolerance is still +/- 500 ppm. They are known to be a weak link in the IntelliChlor.

I NEVER believe what the cell reports unless I verify it with my Taylor K-1766 salt test kit.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mguzzy and Wake9909
W,

Pretty standard for a lot of SWCGs and especially the IntelliChlor.. The cell can't really measure the salinity of the water, it basically measure the amount of electricity passing through the water. This changes depending on the water's temperature. The IntelliChlor has a thermistor inside the flow switch that is supposed to compensate for the water temp, but even when working well, the tolerance is still +/- 500 ppm. They are known to be a weak link in the IntelliChlor.

I NEVER believe what the cell reports unless I verify it with my Taylor K-1766 salt test kit.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.