Salt Cell issues

I have an intellichlor salt cell. All last summer I dealt with it not producing any or enough chlorine. So I used mostly liquid chlorine all last summer. This season we have acid washed it, although no scale was visible on the blades and it did not bubble up. I was told a few weeks ago at the pool store that I had high levels of phosphates in the water and this would cause the chlorine to be used up as fast as it could be produced. Should I proceed with a phosphate treatment? The SWG system itself does not show any error messages and does not have any scale, so I don't know if it has simply gone bad and time to replace. It is probably 4 to 5 years old.

It is best not to acid clean swg cells if there is no scale present, it will shorten the life of the cell. Which intellichlor do you have? The most common reason people think their swg is not producing enough chlorine is because there is a low level algae bloom growing in the pool using up all the chlorine.

Post some test results and perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if there is something growing in the pool. How does the water look?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.