Salt cell air

Slow your pump down. Try 1200 rpm and see if the flow switch is satisfied for the SWCG.

You have a VS pump. You can set it at whatever RPM you wish.

You have a number of threads going with multiple odd issues. I do not know which relate to which. I am sorry you are having all these issues.

I tried adjusting it down from the 1750 and it didn't change. I'll try again. I ran VSP last year at 2750 and it never had these bubbles. Guess I could create 1 post that describes all my issues from this year as I has 0 issues last year (it's 1st year).

Your saying it's normal? They fill the entire pool of tiny suspended bubbles that make water look cloudy. Seems extreme.

It’s definitely extreme … but your SWG is operating normally (it’s producing chlorine). We’ve seen this happen in a number of pools and don’t yet have a reliable explanation for it. It’s unlikely anything water chemistry related. For some reason your SWG plates are generating super tiny bubble of H2 gas at the anode. It’s odd but it might be an artifact of the plate manufacturing and the high rate of water flow across them. It’s not optimal but it’s also not dangerous in any way.

Give it some time and see if it changes.

Truk,

The pic of bubbles on top of the water does not look like SWCG bubbles to me. :scratch:

What size return eyeballs does your pool have? I think as a test I'd take the eyeball off of one return just to see what effect it might have..

Thanks,

Jim R.

It is rather odd that the bubbles make it to the top of the water and then create a foam. Normally they should just pop.

This was the pool with the antifreeze exposure, right?

Truk,

The pic of bubbles on top of the water does not look like SWCG bubbles to me. :scratch:

What size return eyeballs does your pool have? I think as a test I'd take the eyeball off of one return just to see what effect it might have..

Thanks,

Jim R.
The eyes are about the size of a thumb....I've taken them out and it just looks like a fog coming out. Super super fine bubbles.

It is rather odd that the bubbles make it to the top of the water and then create a foam. Normally they should just pop.

This was the pool with the antifreeze exposure, right?
Yes, it appears from a distance as either foam or oil if at different angles. But if you get in pool and are directly in the bubbles that are on top you can see that there just "strings" of tiny bubbles hooked together.

I think that the pool company really messed up your pool if they really added 70 gallons of antifreeze.

I would probably try to dilute it as much as possible.

You can do a partial drain and refill or drain and refill at the same time, but do not drain out too much or you could cause problems with the structure.

Once you get the dilution completed, do a full SLAM.

Natural Chemistry Pool First Aid might help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had a very similar problem with my cell over the past weekend after heavy rains. (Cloudy water from returns with SWG running). It has gotten better each day, but still seems cloudier than it has in the past. I have also been keeping my FC at about 3/4 SLAM level. It has been holding, but just keeping it there until it clears up. I have seen it like this in the spring when I first open, but it normally clears up in a day or two and it is not this bad. Hope it is nothing, but I will be following along to see.

You may need to replace water or leverage rain water to your advantage and drain the pool an inch or two every time it rains.

Not all organic compounds can be oxidized by chlorine. The antifreeze exposure may have left some organic byproducts in the water that simply can not be further degraded by chlorine at any reasonable dose. Enzymes might work in theory but I sincerely doubt their practical value in pools. Dilution through draining and water replacement is your fastest path to normal. You did say that the pool did not don this during year 1 of its life and the antifreeze happened in year 2. So I think that’s your most likely culprit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.