Pound Ridge/NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have been using the Diamond Crystal brand salt crystals in my pool SWG (as well as my water softener system) for the last year and i know they are often recommended on this site.

My autofill for the pool comes from my house, which is from the water softener system.

I can buy the Morton water softener pellets at a lower price and was wondering if anyone has an opinion/experience with the Morton porduct in a pool?

thanks.

John

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 22.41.39.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 22.41.39.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 22.41.55.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 22.41.55.png
    226.4 KB · Views: 13
Morton Clean and Protect - yellow bag - for the water softener
Morton Solar Salt - blue bag - for the pool

You can use the Morton Solar Salt - blue bag - in the water softener as well.
Do NOT use the Morton Clean and Protect - yellow bag - in the pool though.

Please check with your water softener manufacturer before switching to pellets. Some makers do not allow pellets to be used due to salt-bridging problems. My water softener manufacturer was clear that only crystals could be used in my brine tank and not pellets or else it would result in a giant salt plug in the bottom that would not dissolve.

Please check with your water softener manufacturer before switching to pellets. Some makers do not allow pellets to be used due to salt-bridging problems. My water softener manufacturer was clear that only crystals could be used in my brine tank and not pellets or else it would result in a giant salt plug in the bottom that would not dissol
We had a Rain Soft system installed last year and the installer said to use salt pellets. Then one of the company's technicians came over months later to check on something and told me not to add salt until it was very low, like almost depleted, because it would tend to fuse into a block at the bottom and cause trouble. Sounds like what you're talking about. I'll have to call CS and see what they say. I recently added 40 lbs of pellets, which at our rate will take 6 months to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.