Safety cover

Good day, all,

I have a rather unique question (at least for me)

I'm replacing my pool cover (solid/floating) with a safety cover (solid with center drain).
I have a 20x36 grecian pool and the covers for a grecian are 25-50% higher than a rectangular.

I have plenty of space around both ends of the pool (shallow end with steps and over 6 ft of concrete walkway / deep end has 6+ feet of concrete and pavers)
I know about the lawn stakes for the pavers and that's acceptable.

Having said all that, my question is: can i use a rectangular, solid, safety cover 20x40, that will cover my 36 ft pool + 4ft center steps and simply ignore the grecian corners.
Is there any reason i can't use a bigger cover as long as i have the concrete and pavers to hold it down???

Thank you very much.

My steps have rounded corners (probably less than your pool corners, but still) and the cover extends way past them square. it doesnt care.

I had a reply from another seller. They said that if i use a rectangular cover on a grecian pool, it voids the warranty. I've read that there is reinforcement around the edges to help with the rubbing of the cover on the edges of the pool. If I don't use the right size/shape, then the rubbing will be on the "Non-reinforced" part and may hurt the cover... I hate to gamble over a grand on rubbing through the cover.

I was hoping that someone here had a "larger than necessary" safety cover and could share some info.

Thank you.

My reinforced edges are just the edges and my coping sits under the plain part of the cover the whole way around the cover. To me it wouldn’t matter if it had (my) 2 foot under the cover or and extra foot or 2, but manufacturers tend to use any last excuse they can find to bypass warranties so it very well could be their rule. Not for real world issues tho, just to give them another legal loophole.

Also I seem to remember somebody’s cover having actual reinforcement around the edge. My looplock doesn’t so maybe it’s different between brands. If you used a brand that didn’t have the extra reinforcement then that manufacturer probably wouldn’t care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.