safe to swim in shock?

Debstar60

Well-known member
Aug 16, 2009
133
I know I have read it before but can't seem to find the info. Is it safe to swim in a pool that is up to shock level. I'm having a problem with over night loss of 3.5 so I am shocking. Pool is in direct sun most of the day. I have a 2 year old Grandson and just want to make sure it is ok to swim.

Thanks
 

Debstar60

Well-known member
Aug 16, 2009
133
I have a post under Testing an d Balancing your water ( cloudy Water) My CYA is 50...last night I added bleach to shock and had a 3.5 drop over night and CC of.5. I added up to shock again this morning. The water is still just a little cloudy. I will shock again when the sun goes down. Does that sound right?

Thanks
 

waskydiver

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
191
Although I would not be concerned about a 2 year old swimming in that level of chlorine...

Wouldn't there be a concern that the algea, or bacteria which is causing the chlorine loss is still in the pool?