S8M500 Filters

May 2, 2012
Southern CA
I just did the first clean on my Sta-Rite S8M500 and my filters sit at an angle. They still make a seal over their corresponding connection points. I can push them further down over the piping, but then their feet lift off the housing.

Other than a shoddy design, it doesn't seem to affect my filtration. Does anyone else with a System 3 Modular Media Filter have this issue with the filters not sitting plumb?

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

They have a sweet spot and sometimes need to be a little rotated left or right for the feet to stand the filters up.

Most times the skinny one would lean into the big one. One twisted a little this way. The other one a little that way, and it’d be good.

The feet on my new ones were plastic welded on in a hurry and are a little trickier than my old ones.

Reactions: RubiconValley
*the feet have 3 points of contact inside the soup bowl like filter. If one misses its spot the whole tripod is off. You’ll easily find the right spot by playing with it.

ultimately I don’t think it matters as long and the filter is seated on the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.