S300i power supply?

Wheats

Apr 21, 2020
Albuquerque
We have had some tough luck with the S300i, specifically we are on our third robot in the last month and none of them have lasted even a day before breaking. Just received a new robot yesterday, put in the pool and everything was working great, full cycle, pool looked great. Went to start it up today and the power supply lights quickly blinked and then died. This has happened with the 2 other robots as well. Maytronics is sending out a new power supply tomorrow. It is being directly plugged into a GFCI outlet. Has anyone else had problems with the power supply and it's short lifespan? Any tips on how keep it running for more than a day?

Hi and sorry we are meeting like this.

I really don't want to say this but......My gut says............it has to be on your end somehow/some where. There is no reason for 2 to go out the same way. I would try plugging the new one into a different outlet to see what happens short term.

Well that's what we thought too, but we had the first one plugged into a different outlet than the last two power supplies. Both outlets were checked with a multimeter and checked out fine.
The robot ran most of the afternoon yesterday without any problems. Brought the power supply into the house last night because the low temps were in the 40's. Went to turn it on this morning and a quick blink of the blue lights on the power supply and dead.

My new Pentair warrior se arrived today. Got it out if the box, plugged it up, dropped it in the pool, turned on the panel, and nothing happened. Did everything again a second time and it didn’t move. I called Marina pools to check I was doing it correctly. I’m suppose to turn it on and wait five seconds and it should just start moving and cleaning. So they said the water could be too cold. Take it in the house, let it warm up, turn upside down and test it. I followed the steps and again nothing moved. I will call a Marina pools tomorrow to see how to proceed. I hope I’m not missing an obvious step.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
W,

I can't see how any outlet could cause your power supply to fail unless it was wired to 220, which I am sure it is not.

I guess more than one power supply could be bad, but my guess is that the robot itself is bad and causing the power supply to shut down.

Does the power supply power up when the robot is not plugged in??

Did the replacement power supply come with a new power cord? I guess it could be intermittent???

Thanks,

Jim R

My new Pentair warrior se arrived today. Got it out if the box, plugged it up, dropped it in the pool, turned on the panel, and nothing happened. Did everything again a second time and it didn’t move. I called Marina pools to check I was doing it correctly. I’m suppose to turn it on and wait five seconds and it should just start moving and cleaning. So they said the water could be too cold. Take it in the house, let it warm up, turn upside down and test it. I followed the steps and again nothing moved. I will call a Marina pools tomorrow to see how to proceed. I hope I’m not missing an obvious step.
Makes me nervous. Is there a general issue with units sold by Marina?

Thanks Jim. Convinced to buy Warrior SI for $749.
$50 more than Warrior SE but okay to have some option of controlling the cleaning. Hopefully Pentair approves the rebate. Tired of waiting for Maytronics rebate

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim,
No, power supply will not power up by itself without the robot plugged in. If you hit the power button, you get a nano second of blue lights and then nothing. Yesterday, we unboxed it, ran a full cycle in the pool, and put it away for the night. This morning, a dead power supply. However, this is the first of 3 robots that actually ran and finished a full cycle before dying...so that's a positive.

Geebot,
Almost flawlessly...that's kind of funny.
Just for giggles this morning, I plugged in the power supply to a interior gfci to see if it would fire up. Shockingly it did power up, for about 15 seconds, before the blue lights quickly blinked and then it went dead again. My hopes were elevated greatly during the 15 seconds of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
W,

Just for fun, I turned on my power supply with the robot removed, just to see what would happen.. It fired right up and never shut off for at least 5 minutes when I shut if off..

Does your power supply look like this one??

Dolphin PS-1.jpg

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ping,
I guess I'm just unlucky. Maytronics has been great in continuing to send out new units and acknowledge that there have been problems with the ones I've sent back. Maybe it's just a bad batch and I'll eventually get through them all.

W,

The back of the one in the pic says...

Type Advanced 115 IP64
P/N 999956035
Input 100-125 VAC 50/60 Hz 2A
Output DC29V 120W
P/D 1618 Ver8.29
S/N SU618M 36295

Mine is about a year old..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.