S200 Basket modification?

Jun 21, 2013
NY
Can anyone explain the basket modification for the dolphin s200? I have seen mentions of it all over but can’t find exactly what it is/does or if it is necessary or just personal preference. Thanks, about to pull the trigger soon.

The cleaner I got came with two sets of filters which are interchangeable on the basket frame. One was a finer filter like an HVAC type feeling fabric...then the other is a coarser filter which is intended to pick up larger debris like leaves. I just keep the fine filter placed on the frame.

Maddie :flower:

I just bought a warrior se (s200) from Marina pools two weeks ago. I requested the filter modification that others have posted. They obliged and granted the request, which is basically I received the warrior si filters instead of the se filters. Basically the difference is the si can run both filters at the same time while the se can only run one.

After reading some posts here, I think the mod is to use an insert which is a 4-sided screen (mesh) filter. This insert is then placed inside the filter assembly which already contains the 4 pleated filters.

Reactions: markayash
I have two S200's and the 4-sided mesh screen lasted about 4 or 5 months until the mesh fell apart.. I found that they did not make a lot of difference in the overall operation and cleaning of the filters.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.