Rusty wall section under skimmer bulging outward

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
Need some urgent help as I'm afraid I'm going to lose my pool.

The water dripping below my skimmer has created a rusty line downward that has worsened over the years.

Now the wall section (and liner) under the skimmer is bulging outward. Small dripping occurring on the ground but not sure where that's coming from as the liner still looks intact. Maybe it's from the lower part of the skimmer gasket.

What is the best course of action to fix this? Liner was put in about four years ago and worried I'm going to lose it along with rest of pool. Can send pictures if needed.

Thanks!

You need to drain that pool ASAP! Like immediately!!! I wouldn't let anyone in that pool or around it for that matter. It is about to burst.

We had something similar but not as bad caused by leaky gaskets. You have to drain the pool and either replace the entire wall or replace that entire section of the wall. And that means bolting a new panel section which is a lot of work. Here's a video that shows how much work it will be.

In the video the installer says you have a 1 day window to get the repair done, so you could probably have difficulty saving the liner if it takes longer than a day or two.

Also new gaskets are butterfly gaskets and it eliminates the leaking problem.

Hope this helps.

We bought a large piece of galvanized sheet metal and did it ourselves. It was a lot of work. Held up the rest of the summer and all this past winter. In the process of opening the pool now and no problems.
But again, it is a lot of work. :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.