Rusted liner...can this be repaired/used?

mzangelique

Jun 5, 2020
Newburgh Heights OH
I am handy and willing to put in work/make repairs/reinforce if it is possible to salvage this. I harvested it from a previous home. Rust represents about 4" of bottom of wall, the part that was previously covered in dirt/rocks . I'm willing to try unless the feedback I get is that it is a hard no.

Attachments

• 20200605_192307.jpg
    20200605_192307.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 38
Ohhh dear. I’m going to weigh in on the nope side. That just looks too compromised.

Basically making the pool shorter? I guess if you cut it exactly uniformly at same measurement all the way around... but what about the uprights? And what type of liner do you have?

That's a hard no from me too. The pool is splitting at the bottom and to cut the whole role evenly along with the uprights it's just not worth the effort. If you have the pump and filter, you can just purchase a new wall... (with covid) that's easier said than done because everything is dang near sold out.

I was trying to figure out how to turn the under the rail liner into an over the rail liner to accommodate the cut off rust and posts. Would only need to stretch the liner 4 inches over.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.