Rust Problems on 2018 Intex Ultra frame

dph42

Jun 1, 2015
Killen, Texas
Afternoon Pool Gurus!
Looking for a little advice. From my research I know I am not the only one to have this problem. We purchased our 2nd 18X52 Intex Ultra Frame pool on May 31, 2018. Our prior one was up from August 2010 until then. Probably had it up and running mid to late June 2018. We used it a couple of times late May of this year then I noticed some of the legs were rusted so bad they were about to collapse right where the leg goes into the little "foot". I have since drained water out down to the dual outlets so I can keep running everything until I sort this out but I am having no luck. If you do find a leg on amazon or Ebay they want 40 to 50 bucks for a single and Intex customer service is now even a worse joke than they were prior Covid. Legs are unavailable and after days and days of try finally talked to a lady in China who said she didn't know when there would be more. If i had any idea I would have saved my old frame and used it as after 8 years it was fine. The only reason we changed it out is the Texas sun had ruined the top of the liner on the rail. In retrospect should have just bought a new liner if they were available but who knew. Anyway wondering if anyone else has been through this and what they did. Intex knew those were bad or they wouldn't have discontinued them after 2 years and now have the galvanized and powder coated legs on the XTR WITH a 2 year warranty.
Greatly appreciate any help y'all can give.
Thanks,
David

Unfortunately, no magic answers here. You might want to haunt Craigslist to see if anyone local is getting rid of one that you could use for parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.