Run SWCG at 100%

A SWCG has a finite number of generating hours. It does not care if set at 10% or 100%. 10 hours at 10% is equivalent to 1 hour at 100%.

Reactions: elmoco
elmo,

If you have a large single speed pump, it makes sense to run your cell at 100% output, as that means you can run your pump for the shortest amount of time.

As Marty points out, the cell does not matter one way or the other..

Thanks,

Jim R.

elmo,

If you have a large single speed pump, it makes sense to run your cell at 100% output, as that means you can run your pump for the shortest amount of time.

As Marty points out, the cell does not matter one way or the other..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Good feedback all. @Dave31410 I want to minimize hours I have to run pump. Ideally I want to keep at 6hrs. This should get me ~2 FC for my size pool (~16k gals) and not eat too much into my current solar panel production. Thanks everyone.

You want to run your pump long enough to keep the correct amount of chlorine in the pool.. It may be 4 hours or 8 hours... set it at 6 hours and see if it keeps FC at Recommended Levels if it does not run longer and if it does run shorter :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.