Run Day or Night

jdmurphy

Mar 25, 2019
Yalesville, CT
This is my first pool. I opened it myself and everything looks great. Balanced out nicely and crystal clear water. I have been running my 3/4 HP pump much longer than necessary to shake things out and I will now figure out how many hours it will need. I also installed a SWG so the run time vs. percent setting on the SWG will have to be dialed in. I'm going to start with running the pump 6-8 hours. That should turn over the water at least once.

My question . . . should I run the system during the day or night? There are no time of use electric rates so I've wondered if there are any other reasons to choose a specific time of day. I once read somewhere that the SWG could benefit from running during the day. But I don't have any other information about that.

Thanks

I run mine during the day only, if I run it at night I wind up with a lot of frogs trapped and circling in the skimmer....I assume they still get in the pool at night and do whatever it is they do but are able to get back out before morning.

I have read about all the wildlife that could find their way into the pool. Ours is in ground so I assumed it could be real thing. We have lots of chipmunks in the yard. I found the "frog log" online, it floats near the skimmer and has a ramp for animals to climb out. The ratings were very favorable. I'm not sure if they are doing anything or even needed for my pool but thought it was worth the few dollars.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.