RSS Feed

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
I ran out of room for links at the top of the page and needed to add an archive for the newsletter. In order to make space, I have removed the RSS Feed button. So far as I can tell, it was only ever used by one or two people.

HOWEVER, the feature still exists. So, if you would like to set up a feed of the posts at TFP, simply follow this link:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/smartfeed_url.php

If you need any support setting up a feed, please see the help menu of your RSS software.

Sean

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
Obviously the great majority of us agree with your decision and appreciate your leadership. :p
SeanB, thanks for all your hard work, no kidding, thank you and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family :santa:

btw, I did notice that the 'spread' is/was going outside the 'lines' on the links!..thought about asking you about it, but no reason now :-D :oops: :!: ...nap time.

Joyce

theplant

Apr 25, 2007
Hi Sean

Is there a corresponding URL for RSS feeds with the new phpbb version? The old one no longer works.

Thanks!
Marc

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
theplant said:
Hi Sean

Is there a corresponding URL for RSS feeds with the new phpbb version? The old one no longer works.

Thanks!
Marc
My reports indicated that there was only one person using RSS so I removed the link a while back - forgot about this post. Unless I hear that there is significant demand, we won't have RSS.

Sorry

AnnaK

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
That would have been me. I use RSS on my Macbook. If it became available again I would use it on the Macmini as well. It's an extremely useful tool.

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sorry, there is just not enough interest. After a full year of avialability and a link on every page, only one user ever used it. It may be the least popular feature we have ever had.

I think the vast majority of members prefer to just come to the site to read messages.