Rookie here. All was great until a few days ago.....

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Great job on the tests. No need for calcium, you have a vinyl liner pool.
Help me understand how you measured a TA of 111? A 25 ml water sample will result in a value of 100, or 110, or 120, but no way can you get 111.
Your CYA is in a fine spot. NO more solid chlorine. Liquid chlorine only.
Raise your FC to target using liquid chlorine. See FC/CYA Chart

fwild

Jul 18, 2020
Atlanta
Great job on the tests. No need for calcium, you have a vinyl liner pool.
Help me understand how you measured a TA of 111? A 25 ml water sample will result in a value of 100, or 110, or 120, but no way can you get 111.
Your CYA is in a fine spot. NO more solid chlorine. Liquid chlorine only.
Raise your FC to target using liquid chlorine. See FC/CYA Chart
between 110 and 120 that is what husband said

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
Nice work. Do you use pool math? Here is the web version, PoolMath plug in your numbers Now/Target and see what you get?
Well on your way now to a trouble free pool. :goodjob:

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
A half gallon of 10% will add 10 ppm FC. Add that today. Then, at about the same time every day, test your FC, and add enough liquid chlorine to reach 8 ppm FC. Use the Poolmath app you have to calculate how much liquid chlorine that is.

fwild

Jul 18, 2020
Atlanta
Me again, here are today's readings
FC 4
CC 5.5
PH 7.5
TA .90
CH .50
CYA 55
TEMP 76
CSI

I know i need to add liquid chlorine and my CYA is good, what about the TA, i have some Alkalinity Up from Leslie's. Do I add that? or baking powder? or do i need to get Muratic acid?

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
Don't worry about the TA, you are within range. it will adjust as you make changes to the pH. ... by they way don't buy the stuff from Leslie's, its over priced. check this out:

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
Watch your pH and CSI on how to proceed. Your TA will settle in and find its balance. If your fill water has a high TA then expect a slight pH rise when you add fill water. When pH rises to 8 bring it down with muratic acid, simple. Begin to experience the trouble free pool experience, enjoy. :cheers:

Last edited:

fwild

Jul 18, 2020
Atlanta
Don't worry about the TA, you are within range. it will adjust as you make changes to the pH. ... by they way don't buy the stuff from Leslie's, its over priced. check this out:
yes, figured out they are too pushy

batesjer

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 26, 2019
East Lansing michigan
You have your CC(combined chlorine) as 5.5 which hopefully is wrong. Is that supposed to be TC, which we don't really use here. Just list your FC and then CC. Is your CC 5.5 or 1.5?

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
Also you are listing your CYA now as 55? There is no 55 for CYA it is either 50 or 60. Keep your FC in the target range and anticipate high demand not letting FC fall below minimum ever. FC/CYA Chart