Rocks under liner

Jun 1, 2016
East Coast
I've asked about this before but I didn't get a clear answer.

We had a new liner installed last year and there are lots of rocks under the liner. I'm guessing 10+. Most of them are not sharp but I did find at least one that is fairly pointy. The ones I refer to range from 1" round and half inch high to almost two inches round and two inches high.

I have a fairly large size pool but I can't get a clear answer from anyone if I should be concerned about this. I have been trying to get the installer to come look at them but they have been extremely difficult. It took over a year and ~9 visits to finally put liner lock around entire pool. They kept coming out fixing the 1-3 parts that dropped down with tiny pieces of liner lock and would need to text him with 24 hours when another spot popped out. He just finally put liner lock around entire pool and it looks like ***. It's tons of pieces and many are old pieces they had in truck that are browned.

I am concerned about the rocks but not sure how much pressure I should put on them.

What is considered normal? Acceptable?

Right now I am waiting for him to come with a dive tank to look at them but they are clearly seen using goggles. This was suppose to be looked at last year but they took so long and it got too cold.

It's been a year and a few months since the initial install and getting frustrated.

I will tell you what you already realize: you most likely got the wrong company to install the liner. Rocks should not be sticking up under it and you shouldn't have to continually hound them to get them to do a proper job. Unfortunately there is probably no easy remedy to your problem if you continue to pursue it with your current installer. I would be shocked if they agree to remove and reset the liner. If you do not want the rocks under the liner your best bet might be to call around and talk to local some pool companies and see who in your area does these installs. I'd let them know that you had gotten this job done last year and feel that it was not done properly and you might be looking to have someone else correct it. I would imagine most would come out and do a free evaluation and tell you whether they think the rocks are acceptable and if not give you an estimate to pull the liner, clean the area under it and reset it. Keep in mind the cost of the water in your estimate. But if you are going to do it you should do it sooner rather than later as it should be done when the weather is hot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.